ID print settings
Often you need to make a copy of an id (driver's license, residence card etc..) when submitting paperwork in Japan. The usual way to do this is to visit the local 7-11 and use their industrial printer/copier for around ¥10. The results are nice where it scans front and back and the prints it on the same side nicely centered like the pictured.
I figured out the settings to replicate this using my document scanner (Snapscan iX500) and my laser printer.
- Scan both sides of your id. If using a document scanner like the Snapscan, you must scan your id horizontally, otherwise it will blur as it goes through the document scanner.
- Select the front and back jpg files and open them with Preview.
- Reorder (if necessary) the photos in Preview by selecting View -> Thumbnails and dragging the front id to the top. Rotate the photos horizontal if not.
- Print with the following settings
- Paper mode: Portrait (vertical)
- Layout: Pages per sheet -> 2
- Scale: 150%